The topic of Serverless Infrastructure is piquing interest with the enterprise folks. Although a long way to go for them, but the early adopters are all over the map. Quick search on� Twitter and Reddit Serverless shows that this topic is exploding.
In late 2015, highscalability.com published a blog on Serverless framework that caught my attention. Since then, my colleagues and I are feeling excited about immense opportunities in this space. We started playing around and recently published a POC and a sponsored whitepaper (currently only available under NDA).
Nevertheless, here’s a quick and summarized index of publicly available information
What is Serverless Computing?
I’m not going to coin a definition, but instead point you to the intersting discussion threads
Notable hosting options for your code execution in cloud
- Amazon Lamda in combination with AWS API Gateway - Run code without thinking about servers. Pay for only the compute time you consume
- Google Cloud functions: a lightweight, event-based, asynchronous compute solution that allows you to create small, single-purpose functions that respond to cloud events without the need to manage a server or a runtime environment.
- Serverless Framework - Build and maintain web, mobile and IoT applications running on AWS Lambda and API Gateway (formerly known as JAWS)
- Apex: Built on top of AWS lambda, supporting Python, NodeJS, Golang and Java.
- Iron.io: Not a full framework as yet, but the underpinnings seem to be there. Their platform shows promise
- Microsoft Azure: No serverless frameworks options as yet, but we think they will soon release one. But here are a few hacks though …� WebJobs, Azure Automation, Azure ML running python and R scripts
Factors influencing Serverless Infrastructure
A notable influencer, an avid blogger and a mentor of sorts has recently blogged about the 5 factors fueling Serverless computing
- Part 1
- Part 2
How will Continuous Delivery work for Serverless?
Some notable Github repos
|Curated list of frameworks and solutions||https://github.com/anaibol/awesome-serverless|